Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tuna pasta salad

I'm a big tuna sandwich fan, but it has to be done right.  I realised today that I had all the ingredients for great sandwiches but then spotted the fusili in the cupboard

And so, I decided to mix things up and make it in pasta salad form.




Ingredients:
1 can chunk light tuna
Mayo till a little creamy
1 tbsp yellow mustard
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 dill pickle, chopped (probably could've used 2)
1/4 red pepper, chopped
1 tsp garlic fiesta
1 green onion
2 cups(?) fusili, boiled and cooled
small sprig chopped fresh italian parsley (from the neighbour's garden --- given, not stolen :P)
salt and pepper
splash of balsamic vinegar
splash of rice wine vinegar

Tastes fine to me. Not culinary genius or anything, but it'll pass for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment