Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ridiculously easy pork roast

It would seem that I'm on a bit of a pork parade lately but I bought two pork roasts and wanted to make sure the second one didn't go bad

So, I whipped out the trusty slow cooker again.


Ingredients:

1 pork roast
Five or six potatoes, quartered
1 onion, wedged
1 package onion soup mix
1 1/2 cups of water

8 hours (too long) on low
when finished, pull the roast out and let it rest on a plate for about 15 mins. The temperature should be around 155 degrees when it's rested. Mine was way too hot. More like 200.

I put it in the slow cooker for 8 hours but I think it was a bit too long. Still, the flavour is there and it falls apart when you try to cut it. Nick sure liked it. He was eating it and saying, YUM YUM YUM.

I think I'd try six or seven hours next time.

Oh, and if you add a bit of cornstarch to the juice in the bottom of the crock pot and cook it on high for a few minutes, it makes a bitchin' gravy.


No comments:

Post a Comment