Tuesday, July 12, 2011

That cookie just had sex with my mouth

Seriously.

Chocolate chip cookies have been the bane of my existence.   I have been trying to find a recipe that works for years, now.  No matter how I'd experiment and try, they'd generally turn out flat and hard. The taste was there, but not the consistency.

I was trolling AllRecipes and found one with well over 6000 votes and a 4.5 star rating, so I figured that I might as well give it a go. Worst case scenario is another botched batch and the search continues.

Well, needless to say, I don't need to look for a new recipe.

Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

I used the recipe as is, for the most part. I calculated half portions for it because I didn't want to be baking all day (it yielded 4.5 dozen cookies even though I set it to yield 3 dozen) and I doubled the  vanilla the recipe called for and I used milk chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet.  It doesn't taste like pudding, it doesn't taste like vanilla. It tastes like AWESOME.

Seriously, I've never had a better tasting cookie.

Here are a couple of pictures:


No comments:

Post a Comment