Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chicken Kiev

Well, hubby  broke the news that he'll be late coming home, so I figured I'd spend a few extra minutes to try a recipe I've wanted to try for a very long time but never got around to doing.  I had some fresh Italian parsley in the fridge from the neighbour's garden and since the recipe called for fresh parsley, it seemed to be the logical thing to make.

The only thing I didn't have was buttermilk, so I made it. Milk, Vinegar, and five minutes. Good enough to coat the chicken before breading.  Took less time and made less mess than my standard flour/egg/breadcrumb mix. I also substituted breadcrumbs for corn flakes. Delicious.

Anyway, I cut down the cooking time by five minutes because I hate dry chicken. It's all moist and white inside without a hint of pinkness and it tastes fantastic. That's what matters, yes?

Anyway, here's the pic:


Forgive the already half eaten picture. I dug in before I even thought about taking a picture of it... but at least you get to see what the inside looks like.

Here is the recipe, if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment