Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Swag!

My husband and his aunt are saints.

First off, hubby got me a Kitchenaid stand mixer. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I haven't used it yet but I think the first thing I'll make in it will be butter tart dough. A neat little way of thanking him ;)


I think I really want the pasta attachment. My breadmaker makes pasta dough and I've always wanted to make my own pasta.


As I mentioned, hubby's aunt Lucy is awesome.  She gave me a mandoline. I've always wanted a mandoline.  Here is the mandoline she bought me. 
I used it on Giftmas day to make salads for my family. Works like a charm.  Here are a couple pictures.



First salad is a spring greens salad with cherry tomatoes, rainbow peppers, cucumbers, and red onion.



Second salad is baby spinach with strawberry, craisins, red onion, cherry tomatoes, and cashews.   I forgot the feta at home. BAD JUPE. But still, tasted good.  I now have a sweet block of feta in my fridge to enjoy in my salads so it's not all for naught.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the kitchen aid mixer! I bought myself one as my Christmas Bonus this year.

    What colour did you get? I got Grape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same colour as the picture. Red would've been pretty but the stainless colour is also awesome. What matters most to me is what it does more than what it looks like -- though, if it was orange with green dots I would've called it ugly but still awesome. ;)

    ReplyDelete