Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Rediscovering My Love For Fresh Bread

Years ago, when I moved to Toronto, I bought a breadmaker and I used it fairly frequently.  Life continued and after several moves, I fell out of using it, opting for the more convenient buying of bread from either the bakery or the supermarket.

It was only recently that I picked it up again, and I have found a recipe that I love.


This is a breadmaker recipe, but I actually bake the bread in the oven (350 degrees for an hour) instead of in the breadmaker.

Hearty Multigrain Bread

When the dough was finished mixing in the breadmaker I allowed it to rise for a few hours and then rolled it in seeds for a beautiful roasted crust.


It tastes just like this bread my father in law gets from the Superstore. Absolutely wonderful toasted with butter and a fraction of the price to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment