Sunday, November 27, 2011

Raisin Bread French Toast

This was a good idea, in theory.

In fact, this would have been an amazing idea in practice if I hadn't ruined my loaf of raisin bread.  I think my breadmaker hates me;  it over-rises white bread and under-rises raisin bread. 

It wasn't raisin bread; it was raisin cube that weighs 2 lbs.

But, being the trooper I am, I decided to try, anyway.

French toast mix recipe:

  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
  • 6 slices raisin bread


The flavour was there but the consistency was like... spackle. Too bad.  If the bread was fluffy and had properly risen, then it would definitely have been delicious.  Here are some pictures:




No comments:

Post a Comment