Sunday, May 22, 2011

Swag!

And so begins the real posting in the food blog.

There are birthdays coming up! My birthday is next week, my two year old is turning three in June, and our very good friend across the street has a birthday mid June.

Now, for the record, I am just about eight months pregnant. I don't really want to spend a ton of time baking and cooking, but I might just get on a roll. I might just park my arse at the kitchen table and do some neat stuff.

At the very least, I'm going to be making a Lightning McQueen cake for my son. I found some web tutorials and have purchased all the stuff I'll need. I also picked up something I wish I bought a year ago when I made his Thomas cake. I smartened up this time and just got it:  Wilton's Gum Paste Tools. Hell yes.

Just, swag in general. I could make everything I need, but really, who has the time? Though, I decided to veto my original plan on buying rolled fondant. Really? $30 for a tiny tub? I don't bloody think so. $15 makes more than that little tub. I say, DO EET.

 So, Michael's had a sale on cake items. Everything in the cake department was "Buy 2, get 1 free". I cashed in and took advantage. What baker wouldn't?

Here's some swag.


So, when I bake some rectangular cakes for Nick's party, I might bake a few round cakes for me. I've never made myself a cake and it might be good practice to figure out flowers and such. Maybe have a couple neighbours over for cake. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment